Monday, August 1, 2011

I got caught

Once upon a time, I was leaving work, just about to walk out of the Wilk, when I saw a coworker of mine coming out of Campus Craft and Floral. She was lugging a big ole piece of furniture...I don't even remember what it was, a desk or something? Anyway, I obviously stopped and asked to help, I mean, who wouldn't? I helped her carry it out to her car and didn't think anything of it. A few days later, she came looking for me, and gave me these:

So this picture isn't that fabulous, but these are two little gold coin things that say stuff like "Caught in the act of service," and "For demonstrating our value criteria," and "Thank you." I thanked her, but really didn't have a clue what they were for. Turns out they're awarded to people who do good stuff and are worth a dollar each in the Twilight Zone of the Bookstore. I used them to buy lunch the other day. So yeah...how do I end this post? This is slightly awkward...umm... Moral of the story: never suppress a generous thought. That'll do, pig, that'll do.

2 comments:

  1. good girl! You are fabulous. How many people get the pig quote I'd like to know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ria: I got the pig quote! I always quote that, too. It's so hard to resist. Another irresistible quote (from the movie "Dave"): "Thank you for doing this, Ellen." Watch the movie, and then see how self-conscious you feel next time you say "Thank you for doing this." Ha ha.
    @Brooke: Good job! I guess sometimes we don't have to wait for heaven to reward us ;)

    ReplyDelete