Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pumpkin Love

It will come as no surprise to those who know me well or have read this post from last year that I love pumpkins. I wasn't sure how much pumpkin love I was going to get this year. I figured I could carve a pumpkin on my own, but it's more fun with others too. So when my roommate asked me to help her carve one for her work pumpkin carving contest, I was happy to oblige.  We looked at various ideas online. One of our favorites was Ryan Gosling saying "Hey girl," but we ended up with a small pumpkin and that would have been really difficult to pull off, so we went with Tinker Bell instead and I think she turned out really cute! And isn't the pixie dust fun? 
You can see the flashlight we used to illuminate it in the picture, but don't let that distract you from the charm.

In addition to carving pumpkins, I love pumpkin baked goods. My two favorite recipes are this cake here and these cookies. I just tried the cookie recipe tonight and yeah, they're awesome, with or without the salt on top, btw. So thought I'd share so you can give it a try too! Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Way cute. You need to come home. No pumpkin carving going on here... We are so boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exceptionally fine (Baba here riding on Mimi's G+ acct.). I'm carving one right now for a five-year-old boy who admires me; he's named Mitchell, and I'm thinking of centering the M in his name with the rest of the letters centered around each side. Mind you, it will then read itchMhell. Perhaps I will have to carve it normally!

    ReplyDelete