Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Tender Mercy

I thought I'd just share a very simple tender mercy of the Lord today. I'm using just the initial of the sister's name in this story. I decided to go the temple this afternoon. I went, and I had the thought "T works at the temple on Saturdays." T is a sister in my ward, and more specifically, in my Relief Society. I didn't really think I'd see her, but I knew she was there. I did initiatory, so there were three temple workers involved in that. After I finished the first round, the shift changed and so I had new workers. Sure enough, T appeared among them. I was a little surprised that it would work out that way, but at the same time, I wasn't at all. I felt like the Lord had blessed me with that, but I couldn't quite pin why it was important to me. It really wasn't a huge thing. But as I thought about why it meant something to me, I had the thought that God knows me and everything about me, and just as He knows me, He knows each and every one of the sisters in my Relief Society. And if He can do something as simple as put T in the same part of the temple as me, He can and will help me to know what I need to know and do what I need to do to serve His daughters. I hope that makes sense. I'm still having a hard time putting it into words, but very simply put, God loves us and He knows us. His hand is in our lives. I originally planned to go to the temple Friday night, then Saturday morning, then Saturday night, then ended up going Saturday afternoon. Just the right time. Everything will work out. God is good.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is the "little" stuff that always impresses and humbles me the most. It is overwhelming to realize that He cares about the smallest detail in my life. I'm sure you have many more such experiences ahead. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete