Thursday, December 1, 2011

December? What?

Today is December 1st. I'm not sure how that happened. Wasn't it just barely September? But I'm thrilled that the semester is nearly over. I just have to make it to the end! I don't think I've ever had such a struggle focusing on my studies. I've wanted to blog several times and I keep saying, "I don't have time." But then I find other ways to waste my time, so I'm blogging now. Mostly I wanted to show you my new shoe.

Ain't it pretty? Story? Okay. Actually, I don't know how I hurt my foot exactly. Maybe from dancing around the house over Thanksgiving break. But it started hurting this weekend. I didn't think too much of it at first. But it got worse and on Monday it hurt a lot. So I went to the doctor. They took an x-ray. Nothing wrong there. So I went to the podiatrist on Wednesday and he diagnosed me with flexor tendinitis. It's not too bad really. I can feel it if I move my big toe...so the shoe is supposed to help me not move that tendon in there that's so unhappy. It works fairly well. I had to wear two pairs of socks today though, to keep my foot warm! If it starts snowing...I might have to wear some other stiff shoes on the walk to school. We'll see. Anyway, I find it rather entertaining. Nobody noticed I was wearing it today, which surprised me. I felt like I was walking really funny since my normal shoe is an inch or so taller than this one. But apparently it must not be too weird-looking!
Ah yes, fabulous adventures have I. Happy December!

No comments:

Post a Comment