Tuesday, December 13, 2011

St. Lucia Dagen

I can't remember what I've written about on here. Have I ever mentioned that I got a nickname from members of my ward? I'm Lucille or Lucy to them. It used to lean toward Lucy mostly, but I get a lot of Lucille lately. I like them both though. Anyway, I'm Lucy.
Today is Lucia Dagen in Sweden. That means Lucy's Day! I was so appropriately nicknamed. This is a favorite family tradition of mine. Traditionally, a young woman dressed in white with a crown of candles brings Lucia buns and coffee for breakfast while singing the song "Santa Lucia." It's kind of a celebration of light. (You can click on the link up there to read more about it.)
This morning as I sent my mom a text to wish her a happy Lucia dagen, I realized "Hey, I'm Lucy now! Yes! This is my day!" Now I'm wishing I had some Lucia bread to share with my friends. Maybe I'll get some pepparkakor (a.k.a. wish cookies). But for now, back to finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment