Saturday, May 12, 2012

Summer Adventures

Soooo...long time, no see...I've been enjoying not being in school(ish) and just haven't written about it. But I've had some fun! 

A couple weeks ago, I went home and surprised my parents. They celebrated their 25th anniversary on that day, but that's not why I was there. My mom was having surgery the next day and so I went for moral support and to help out that week. But my mom was an easy patient, so I had an amazing break. Lots of reading and watching movies. It was so relaxing and just what I needed. So great!

Then I went back to P-town and had a week of mostly just work, with generally free afternoons. So I did some shopping, met up with some friends, did more reading, went to the temple with my roommate. Lots of good stuff. 

Then I went to Vegas! My roommate Badger and old friend Kyle got married and I went down for that. Below is a picture taken at the reception...brothers of the groom, my delightful friends—the one on the right is my age and we've been friends since elementary school.

So after my fun time in Vegas, I started an internship, teaching a small class of ESL students. By teaching I really mean they use computer programs and I make sure they're working. Haha. It's interesting. Rather difficult to communicate because my students are "level zero" English-speakers, so they really don't know much English at all. I have three Spanish speakers, two Japanese, and one Portuguese. It's a little crazy sometimes, but I like the students.

And now I'm home again for Mother's Day! This is a picture of me with my mommy when she graduated from BYU. Aren't I cute with a cap on? And isn't she beautiful? Love you, Mom!

So these are my fun adventures since winter semester ended. Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment