Friday, January 28, 2011

Fabulous Friday

Today really was a fabulous Friday!!! It started out leading in to Friday with a Thursday night temple trip. That was amazing. Our ward got to meet with a member of the temple presidency before our session. That was really neat. He talked about the temple being a house of miracles. He also talked about how we can influence people by our very being, our personality, our smile. I really liked all of his insights. That was great.
This morning I had three classes and they all went pretty well. Got full marks on a project and a really good score on a test and then did well on my Spanish oral exam, so I felt really good about that. God really loves me.
Then I went to spend the day with Morgan, one of my mission companions. We made gumbo. Two big ole pots of gumbo. One will be seafood (have to add it for the last little bit of cooking and we didn't want to add it till tomorrow when we actually eat the gumbo), and the other is chicken and sausage. Neither of us had made gumbo before but we got it down. We are really good gumbo makers. We had a little mishap with the second batch and had to start over with our roux, but then we got it down. (Roux: the base of a gumbo, made with equal parts flour and oil; Gumbo: like a soup but thicker and made with a roux and so dang good.) So we are SUPER excited for our Gumbopalooza tomorrow night! There are going to be a ton of people there, mostly mission folks, but also a bunch of people from Morgan's ward. Her apartment isn't that big, so it'll be interesting, but mostly I think it'll be fun. I've still got to make a potato salad and brownies to take as my contribution. I'm also considering trying to make a King Cake, but that's pretty ambitious. On the other hand, gumbo was a little intimidating and it turned out awesome, so maybe I'll give King Cake a try too.
Today was so great and I'm way excited for tomorrow! Besides Gumbopalooza, I'm also joining a lot of my Spanish classmates at the International Cinema to see some Chilean(?) movie in the afternoon. Should be a busy and awesome day. Absolutely fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment