Thursday, December 27, 2012

Entertainment at work

I should have included this in my end of the world post probably. It was my last day of work, and these pictures go along with that. So we go through a lot of staples at work. We pull them out of documents before scanning them. I always had wanted to save them for a while and see how many we had and use them for something, but I hadn't done it. Well this last semester, I decided to change that. So we collected staples all semester. The cup in this picture is where we collected them. That cup was pretty heavy. The cool thing about collected staples is you can pull them up by grabbing a few on top and lift and the whole thing comes up. And you think the cup's just about too full, but then the staples just keep pushing together and there's more room. Anyway, we decided to make a staple ornament for our supervisor for Christmas. So I got the very last clear ornament from Michael's (seriously, shelves completely empty except for this one ornament!) and we filled it with staples! That was a bit of a challenge. When it was getting full, you could only put them in a couple at a time and then try to shake them to the sides...especially since this was a square ornament, so you had to try to fill the corners! It was a bit of a challenge, but it was fun and it turned out pretty cool. :)

Also, on my last day, I experienced a first. I've stapled plenty of documents, got a staple stuck in my thumb once when trying to remove it, but never had I stapled my sleeve to something! I thought it was hilarious though. Had to take a picture. I think normally I roll my sleeves up but I hadn't that day. Sorry about the white boxes over the picture, I decided I should cover the documents since we do deal with confidential information.


No comments:

Post a Comment