Friday, December 21, 2012

It's the end of my world as I know it...

So, the world didn't end today. We'll just have to wait for that I guess. But there are definitely changes in my life right now! Today ended my student employment at the bookstore. And 8 days ago I finished my undergraduate work. Super super weird. It honestly doesn't feel like it quite yet. I'll have moments of excitement and moments of panic, but it hasn't really set in that I'm not going back to school or my job after Christmas. I have to find a new job. I won't have homework. How weird is that?
Up to this point, I've had a pretty good idea of what I'd do with my life...I'd get an education and go on a mission. Hopefully get married sometime too. That part obviously hasn't come to fruition yet. I definitely planned on figuring out what I wanted to do with my life while in college. Sometimes that doesn't happen, apparently. Even when you pick a major because you have to in order to keep your scholarship, that doesn't mean you've got it figured out. I probably could have studied a lot of different things and been quite content, but still not have figured out what to do after. I like a lot of things, I'm good at a lot of things, but I'm not passionate about many and I don't excel in much. So here I am, a college graduate, and I'm still on a quest to find out what I really do want to do. And you know what, it's okay. I'm not super worried about that. Yes, I need to find a job (quick!) and there's a lot up in the air, but it'll work out. Yep. Because the world didn't end today.

No comments:

Post a Comment