Friday, November 16, 2012

Catch up...

Yikes, how embarrassing, it's been well over a week since my last post during this month of "daily" posts. It's been super crazy 'round here. Busy busy busy. Lots going on in school with the end of the semester/my undergrad career approaching speedily. But right now I'm feeling pretty good. Mostly because I have nothing due until after Thanksgiving. Doesn't mean I can just stop working, but still, deadlines are a couple weeks away anyway...

Exactly one week ago it snowed a good six inches. Lots and lots of tree limbs down. And power out! It was late enough I probably should have gone to bed, but who can pass up something so fun as a power outage? So we went to an apartment that has a gas stove, heated some water for hot chocolate and we had a fun night! I was glad we had some candles and a lighter and I found my flashlight even though it wasn't where I thought it was. While that night was definitely fun, it made me grateful for the many things we take for granted like electricity! It's so nice to have bright lights when it's dark out. I can't imagine doing homework by candlelight. And having a computer and a TV are so nice. I'm seriously blessed!

I also am really grateful for the devotionals and forums I've attended at BYU. They are an awesome opportunity. I am grateful that I made it a habit to attend them. It's funny how frequently one that I think "meh, I'll go, but don't have great expectations" will be absolutely amazing and really build me up. I just don't get people who don't go to devo. It's amazing.

Tonight my roommate had her 7 year old nieces here. They were so funny. And we watched High School Musical. As incredibly nerdy and un-grown up that is, I still love it. My roommates were a little weirded out by that, I think. Oh well. We're not the same, we're different in a good way. Together's where we belong. We're all in this together.

I'm super tired. Is it lame if you go to bed on a Friday night before 10? Meh. It might happen. I'm grateful that I can do that if I want to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment