Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012 Report

 Well, were you wondering how this Halloween went for me? Definitely not as epic as the Mark Boothe pumpkin carving/Freddy the Ghost year, but it was pretty good. It started with a stake Halloween dance. I had the idea of having a mini witch's hat instead of a big annoying one that you can hardly stand to wear. I couldn't find anything, so I made one instead. I think it turned out pretty cute.
 I made the basic hat shape on Thursday, and wanted to make it look a bit nicer. One roommate suggested glitter. I couldn't find black glitter (and I'm not that big a fan of glitter anyway), but another roommate suggested sequins. That sounded time consuming. Then I remembered I had some supplies from my Mardi Gras party mask making left over, including some sequin strings. Wonderfully, I had black! So it wasn't too hard to glue on the sequins. I was a little worried about running out, so in this picture you can see how there's a little gap between, but you can't really tell except in a close up picture with the flash on...The paper beneath is blacker looking in real life.
So my roommate did my hair and I put on a black dress and black tights and black shoes and off we went to the dance. It was so much fun. I'm pretty sure our ward made up half of the people there as is typical at these things. There was a photobooth, so we got some great pictures, too! These are of me and my room roommate, Kathi. I made her ears too. :)
 For home evening on Monday, we carved pumpkins. I didn't have any really awesome ideas, so I just did something pretty simple. Just some eyes. Last night I lit it up and it looked pretty cool.
On Halloween day, I had work and class like normal. I dressed up again for that. Then I did homework. I didn't have any exciting plans, but ended up going to Village Inn for dinner with a group of friends. We got free pie, which I had for breakfast today. Yum. It was a pretty good Halloween!

By the way, it turns out that these are the first pictures I've taken on my camera since April. Yikes. I probably should take more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment