Friday, February 4, 2011

Another Fabulous Friday

Whew...made it through the week. It was a little bumpy. Some late (for me) nights, normal early mornings, lots of studying, a few tests, a lot of reading, several homework assignments. Isn't life fun?
Some happy things though:
1. This week was transfers in the Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission. This means that some of my besties came home. :D Elder Smith and Sister Schulz being two of them. I am SO excited to be able to see them again. Not sure when it'll be, but it'll be awesome!
This also meant that Sister Holmes got transferred to Gonzales, which is where she's been being wanting to go so I'm way excited for her. AND Sister Earl finally did not experience a change at transfers. She's staying in the same place with the same person! I'm so glad. Her transfer record is more impressive than mine. And that's saying something.
2. In Spanish today we had a fiesta (since the midterm was yesterday). This meant eating some yummy food and watching Robots in Spanish. I have never seen Robots. But I liked the 30 minutes we watched of it. I might have to see the whole thing. It was pretty awesome. Also, the food was very good. Someone brought some legit tacos. Dang good. Haven't had Mexican food like that since serving in the Spanish ward in New Orleans.
3. Writing those two things reminded me of a story involving Hispanic food and Sister Schulz. Christmas Eve 2009, Houma, Louisiana. We ate with a Hispanic family that night with the Spanish elders. Oh man...this was not a good thing for me for these reasons: (a) I had been sick and had no appetite and had already eaten a lot that day (had pizza during our planning session with our zone leaders...one of whom was Elder Smith...), (b) they gave us a HUGE bowl of food which turned out to be pigs' feet, and (c) they gave us horchata to drink. I know a lot of people love that stuff. It made me feel so sick. As if I wasn't sick enough. When we left I really wanted to throw up. Instead, we caroled. Anyway, the funny part of that night was when Sister Schulz was trying to say that she likes horchata, but she couldn't think of the words in Spanish. So she said, "Mucho gusto, horchata!" (nice to meet you) when she really meant "me gusta" (I like it/it pleases me). We laughed pretty hard about that.
4. Tonight is my MTC companion (and Sister Schulz's trainer) Sister Riddle's bachelorette party. I'm going with Sister Bunker, my trainer. Should be fun.
5. I won on a blog giveaway a while ago and my prize came this week. It's a super cute headband. I LOVE IT! Oh okay, I'll let you see a picture of it.














I told you it was cute. I love accessories. :D

So there you go, five Friday fabulously fun facts. (I also love alliteration.)

2 comments: