Sunday, February 27, 2011

Catch up

Whew. Been a busy couple of weeks. I had midterms every day for a week, and then had to play catch up from all the stuff I didn't get done because I was busy with midterms. I'm finally basically caught up. Have to get up early tomorrow to finish some homework, but that's not all that unusual this semester. It's a danger of having four classes in a row on Monday starting at 8 am.
But with all the craziness, I've had a bunch of fun lately. Last weekend the parental units came down and spent a couple days with me. We went to P.F. Chang's to celebrate my upcoming birthday. That was fun. And yummy. (Yay lettuce wraps and Mongolian beef!)
Monday lunchtime I met up with a couple friends, Kimberly and Rebecca, and we went to lunch at Olive Garden. They have the best salad and breadsticks.
Friday this week I went out with Kim and Jeff and one of Jeff's friends and his fiancee to Pizza Pie Cafe. (What's with all the eating out?) It was fun. And yummy. Then I came back home and I needed to record a conversation and transcribe it for one of my classes, so my roommate and a guy who likes her joined me and I did that. In the course of the conversation, we learned he had never seen Princess and the Frog, so of course we remedied that. Ah so good.
Saturday was crazy busy. Homework, workout, cleaning, homework. Then to Pantruca's, a Chilean restaurant with my Spanish class. My friend in the class, Ashley, and I split some yummy food. I will be going back there sometime. So good! We had some fresh peach juice and that was muy rico! This took quite a bit longer than I expected, but I got home and quickly grabbed what I needed then went to my MTC companion's wedding reception with Bunkie, who was my trainer. This was their 3rd reception...not a whole lot of people at this one, at least while we were there.
Then Bunk and I went to her grandma's house where we were having a Louisiana Red Beans and Rice Night! It was really good too. I couldn't eat much since I had already had some Chilean food, but Bunk did a great job! After a while the other people started trickling in. I love getting together with mission friends. It's so fun. We were supposed to watch a movie but people just talked and then by the time it kind of settled down it was pretty late, so we didn't do that. But it's okay because it was going to be Princess and the Frog, which I'd see the night before. It was a really fun night.
It didn't end there though. This morning Elder Smith spoke in church in American Fork and we went to go hear his talk. He did a good job. And it was also a fun little reunion. He'd come to the party Saturday night, but a couple of other people were there Sunday that didn't make it Saturday, so it was fun to see them. It was so awesome to see Smithers again. He's a fave. An amazing missionary and good friend. I can hardly believe he's home. The next group that comes home is my MTC district elders! Holy cow!
Other super exciting news! Clarence Jones, one of my favorite people in Houma, LA, got his mission call this week to Atlanta Georgia! We're super excited for him. He's amazing. Seriously. He's from the ghetto. He saw an ad for a Church DVD, Joy to the World, and the missionaries taught him and he got baptized a couple years ago. When I was in Houma, he was ordained an elder, and now he's going on a mission!
Hmm...anything else to share? Not so much. But I expect this week to be quite fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment