Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Chocolate

Soo...on my Spanish test last week I didn't feel as prepared as usual and I normally do quite well on the vocabulary sections at least, but there were several that I definitely did not know. Relojeria...yeah watchmaker's shop, really helpful vocab. Anyway, for one of my answers, I wrote "I got Jimmered," because I decided to at least make myself smile even if I didn't know the answer. Today we got our tests back. I did a lot better than expected, and actually this will be my highest score because our teacher is giving us 3 extra points (he agreed the vocab was ridiculous). But my favorite part was when he said, "The person who gave the best answer was Brooke. She wrote 'I got Jimmered.'" My classmates roared with delight and somebody gave me a high five. It pretty much made my day. Hehe. I'm so clever. That had nothing to do with chocolate except that it's awesome. But this does:

This afternoon my roommates Kelli and Kenzie took me to a place called The Chocolate for my birthday. Sounds like my kind of place, doesn't it? It's a dessert cafe. We had one of these:


















One of these (ish...not so many strawberries)















And something like this:















Oh boy...that was a lot of yummy bad-for-you food. The Chocolate. State Street in Orem. Cute place. What fun birthday celebrations!

1 comment: