Thursday, March 24, 2011

Locked out

Today I forgot my keys. This isn't normal for me. Hopefully it doesn't become a habit. I think I'll be okay. But anyway, I got home and hoped that one of my roommates would be home. I rang the doorbell but nobody came. Dang. So I went down to our other door and tried it, knowing it was probably locked, which it was. At least it was warmer under there than it was just out in the wind. So I texted two of my roommates, asking if either would be home anytime soon. Didn't get a response. So I called the one I thought should be home or close to home because it was too early for her to have class and her car was home. She didn't answer. Dang it. So I sat down and looked at some homework. Fortunately, a few minutes later one of my roommies texted back and said she was home and the door was unlocked. Turns out both of them were home, but one didn't hear her phone or the door, and the other was in the shower. Seriously? It takes a special person to get locked out when people are home.

1 comment:

  1. Brooke, you make my day! I am glad I am not the only one making silly mistakes like trying to carry Clair and an overfull laundry basket to the laundry mat only to get there and realize I left the key. Then getting the key and realizing I was a quarter short... luckily you are one of those people that are able to laugh in the moment. I love you my fabulous friend!

    ReplyDelete