Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy π Day!

Today is a day to celebrate our favorite irrational number. BYU does it in style, I must say. Pi recitation contest, pie eating contest, frisbee throwing contest, other games, throw a pie in a professor's face...today I am glad that I had to stay on campus through the noon hour and that I was really hungry so I went to the Wilk. Because the Wilky Way was full of mathematical life! Ah yes, I am so not alone in my nerdiness. Last year I celebrated basically alone...I did mention it to my district leader during nightly call ins and he said, "I knew my watch looked weird!" He was looking at 3.14 all day but didn't get it. I don't think I had pie then. And I don't have it now. Which is kind of sad. But I did have a raspberry peach crisp yesterday...that's close enough, right?




No comments:

Post a Comment