Saturday, March 26, 2011

Free rice

So in my Spanish class, our teacher offered extra credit if we went to freerice.com and answered questions in Spanish and got up to 1000 grains of rice. Freerice.com is cool because you answer a question right and it donates 10 grains of rice to starving people. Ten grains times a lot adds up eventually. So I signed up and started going. It got a little boring after a while on the Spanish though because I was on level ten, the highest level, and it repeated the same words over and over...I tried going to different levels but it wouldn't stay that long for very long so I kept having to go back. I've tried some other things. English vocab is kind of challenging too. The math one is really fun. I've been doing that tonight. Basically freerice.com is awesome. It stimulates your brain, is really easy to do, and you're feeding the hungry. How fabulous is that?

P.S. I'm up to 20,000 grains of rice. :D How much do you think that really is?

2 comments:

  1. Jason looked it up... it depends on what kind of rice it is (longer=less shorter=more) but if it is long grain white rice then 29,000=1lb. Man you are awesome! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete