Friday, November 18, 2011

Friends at Work

So, today at work I decided I should write about work. Actually, not so much about work, but the people I work with. Because my work itself isn't all that exciting. It's fine for me, but I'm pretty sure you don't need to hear all about it. But the folks I work with, now they're worth reading about. I think I'll stick with writing about the other students. Just know that the full-timers are cool too.

Emily is awesome. She trained me and did an awesome job. She's been working there for a good long while and knows how to do everything. She's also an incredibly talented artist. For birthdays and other special events, she designs cards that we all sign. They are awesome. I think when I start my own Hallmark company, I'll hire her first. Sadly, since we have the same job, she works afternoons and I work mornings, so I never see her. But she's fabulous.

Skyler is great. He loves Disney and football. It seems every time I quote a Disney movie to him for some reason, he thinks I've done some serious Facebook stalking so I know exactly how that applies to his life...no, I just kinda like Disney too... Every morning I scan and index the daily reports and a couple of them I give to him to do something or other with, and he just LOVES that. Yep. Those reports are his most favorite thing ever. He just begs for me to give them to him. Hehe. He works afternoons mostly, so I don't see him a lot, but some Fridays I get the pleasure of giving him those reports in person. And sometimes he gets the pleasure of throwing them back at me when he finishes.

Then there's Tracie. She works on the other side the tree. The tree is there mainly to keep us from talking to the people on the other side of the tree. Not that it really stops us. Tracie is so fun and friendly. I love her. We often talk about dating and all the problems and drama that come with that. Fun times.

And then there's David. David is...David. We have an interesting relationship. For example, today he said, "You look like you're on something." And yesterday he asked, "Have you looked in the mirror today?" Ah yes, always such a gem. I'd probably be really offended if it weren't so funny. You really can't take David seriously. Ever. We give each other a hard time. He eats a mini loaf of bread and a donut pretty much everyday. Sometimes he shares. So we can be friends, kind of.

So those are the people I associate with the most at work. And I'm grateful for them. Even David. Sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment