Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sadie Hawkins

I've probably mentioned this a few times...but I LOVE my ward. They are so great. Seriously. The best. My favorite. Whenever I'm with them, I'm ridiculously happy. Last night we had a Sadie Hawkins Decade Dance. It was so awesome. We dressed up in different decades. 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, I think we had some from the 20s/30s too. It was so fun. The 50s were quite popular, which is what Luke (my awesome date) and I dressed up as. We kind of moved through the decades with the music and that was fun, except the further we got, the less I knew. Haha. I listened to oldies more than popular music in the 90s. It's all good though. It was so much fun. We also had hamburgers, fries, and malts. It was so good. The malts were huge and I couldn't finish mine. Too much for me!

It was really fun to dance with Luke, and my favorite was going outside and dancing in the SNOW. That's right folks, it started snowing during the dance and it didn't stop! We got a couple inches at least while we were there. It was awesome. I love snow. Except for traveling in it. But it was way fun last night. A bunch of us had a snowball fight and everything. Yeah. My ward really is awesome.

While I'm pretty sure nobody had more fun than I did with Luke, I loved looking around and watching everybody dance and smile and laugh. It made me so happy to see that. I was thrilled to see those who came alone being included too. Seriously, I just loved looking around at all these people that I love so much and seeing them so happy and having a good time. I'm so grateful for those who planned this awesome activity. Their hard work really paid off.

P.S. I'm also grateful for my mom, who made my poodle skirt many years ago. I got so many compliments. Thanks, Mom!

1 comment:

  1. and now you've made me smile and feel happy too. you are welcome about the skirt.... Love you.

    ReplyDelete