Thursday, November 3, 2011

Special Collections

Today I am thankful for the cool opportunities we have at BYU. There's some pretty awesome stuff here. I haven't even tapped in to half of it. Today for a class we met in Special Collections in the library. We got to see some really old Bibles and other religious documents, as well as a first edition Book of Mormon. It was neat. And I'm grateful that we don't have to copy down scripture word for word, page by page, to get a complete record. Even though it looks really cool.
Also, in case you were wondering, Special Collections has the original score for Gone With the Wind. I'm not quite sure why you would need the original score, but that's legit. Also, we have a lot of Jimmy Stewart's papers and stuff and his personal copies of his films. Why? Because somebody here asked for them. Nobody else thought of it I guess? Or maybe he just really loved filming Mr. Krueger's Christmas and figured BYU was tight with Motab. I don't know, but that's pretty cool.

Christmas isn't Christmas without Mr. Krueger. I make people watch it every year. :)

1 comment: